This coverage is more than health insurance; it goes beyond to help provide your family with financial support when you're diagnosed, confined to the hospital, undergoing treatment or receiving hospice care.
The Cancer Insurance Plan provides $5,000 upon diagnosis of cancer, and $200 per day for up to a year if you're confined to the hospital. This money can be used however your family needs and with our affordable rates, it's a small price to pay for your family's well-being.
This plan is available to Credit Union Members between the ages of 18 and 64.
- $5,000 upon diagnosis of cancer.
- $200 per day for hospitalization due to cancer.
- $100 per day during treatment, such as chemotherapy.
- $100 per day during hospice care.
You are guaranteed acceptance for enrollment with no prior diagnosis of cancer, and the first 60 days of coverage is at no cost to you. No matter what tomorrow may bring, this vital coverage can help protect your family and your finances.
The first two monthly premiums are at no cost.
Important Information about this plan
- Benefit amounts provided in this Certificate will be reduced by one-half (50%) of that otherwise payable after a covered person attains age sixty-five (65) or five (5) years after the Certificate effective date, whichever is later.
This is a summary of benefits only.
Complete information on the benefits, limitations and exclusions of coverage is contained in the Certificate of Insurance which will be issued by Canadian Premier Life Insurance Company, the underwriter of this group Plan.
60-Day Review Period
We want you to be confident you've made the right decision. When your certificate arrives, you'll have 60 days from the effective date listed on the certificate to review it in detail. If you're not totally satisfied that the coverage meets your needs, simply cancel your certificate within the 60 days and you will owe nothing.
Exclusions and Limitations
There are exclusions from coverage, including:
- any claim that is not due directly to cancer;
- any cancer which first manifested before the Certificate effective date;
- any claim that is due to AIDS or related HIV condition;
- any form of skin cancer except malignant melanoma, Stage II or higher;
- any treatment involving a medication or other substance that is not approved for use by Health Canada;
- any service furnished by the covered person or a member of the covered person's immediate family or household; or
- any services or materials that are not medically necessary.